4-6 stems of Kale
1-2 Tbs Olive Oil
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse kale in and then dry in a salad spinner.
- Take a paper towel and dry any wet spots (the kale has to be really dry to get crunchy).
- Remove thick center stems. Use scissors to cut or use fingers to tear kale into 'chip' size pieces.
- Arrange kale on the baking sheet, make sure not to crowd them together too close.
- Lightly drizzle oil on kale. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Put in the oven for 5-10 minutes. After 5 minutes check every 1-2 minutes, as it can go from crispy to over cooked really fast.
|Kale is ready to go into the oven.|
|Kale is crispy and ready to eat.|
|Not only did he clear his plate, he ate off the tray and then we made a second batch.|
Make sure you lightly drizzle the oil on top of the kale, too much and it will burn really fast. The first time I made this I put too much oil and they were over cooked in 5 minutes. This time I put less oil and they cooked for 7 minutes. If you would like to add different seasonings you can add Parmesan cheese or other seasonings once you take it out of the oven.
I would love to hear what you think about this recipe. What healthy snacks you like to eat or feed your family?