While picking the raspberries, my mind kept wandering to all the yummy recipes I could make. My first thought was raspberry scones. Not sure why, I don't think I have ever had raspberry scones before, but I decided to give it a try. These scones are moist and absolutely delectable. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family!
Farm Fresh Raspberry Scones
1/3 cup Honey
1/2 cup Milk
2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
3/4 cup Oats
1 1/2 Tbs Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup of Butter, cut into small cubes
1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- Place wire rack in the top 1/3 of oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey and milk together.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Pulse until mixed well.
- Add the butter into the food processor and cut it into the flour mixture until well blended (it will look like pebbles/sand).
- Add the honey milk and the egg. Mix until well blended and dough forms.
- Knead out onto a flour surface a few times until combined. But don't over mix.
- Gently fold in fresh raspberries.
- Make a flattened circle with the dough about 10 inches in diameter. Cut into eight pieces. Cut each piece in half. Gently form into circles or triangles and place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Going to the farm and picking my own berries made me wish I had my own garden that way I could enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. Maybe that will be my goal for next summer. Although I have to say, I am a bit intimidated by growing plants. Maybe be I'll start with herbs and work up from there.
Have you ever gone to a farm and picked your own fruits or vegetables? What were your thoughts about picking your own food?